Genre and Sub Genre (10/31/19)
Hi, today I will be discussing the genre and sub genre of my magazine. For my earlier magazine project, I chose to make an environmental magazine. This is a photo of my first draft of the magazine.

For this project, I decided to stick with my environmental subject. So, I know that I am writing an article that pertains to the environment, but I do not know what my main story will be. For my sub-genre and main story, I will have a more negative perspective on issues with pollution and climate change, rather than positive uplifting stories. I decided this because if people see a happy magazine that implies that the environment is getting better, they are less likely to act on the issue. If people see a negative scary magazine cover about what is actually happening, they will hopefully help the cause. As shown in the picture above, my first story was about the Amazon Rain forest burning. I specifically chose this story so that people could see the horrific things that are happening to the environment around the world and I hope to chose a find a similar story for this project.
For this project, I decided to stick with my environmental subject. So, I know that I am writing an article that pertains to the environment, but I do not know what my main story will be. For my sub-genre and main story, I will have a more negative perspective on issues with pollution and climate change, rather than positive uplifting stories. I decided this because if people see a happy magazine that implies that the environment is getting better, they are less likely to act on the issue. If people see a negative scary magazine cover about what is actually happening, they will hopefully help the cause. As shown in the picture above, my first story was about the Amazon Rain forest burning. I specifically chose this story so that people could see the horrific things that are happening to the environment around the world and I hope to chose a find a similar story for this project.
Comments
Post a Comment